World University Games squad named
Britain has named its archery squad for the 30th World University Games – the second biggest multisport event after the Olympics and Paralympics - which begins in Naples on 3 July.
The team is a mix of experience, international debutants and 2018 junior recurve World field champion William Pike. The archery competition is scheduled to start on July 9 and the full squad is:
- Sarah Moon – Nottingham Trent University
- Philippa Taylor – University of Derby
- Hannah Burnage – University of Warwick
- Kai Thomas-Prause – University of Warwick
- William Pike – University of Warwick
- Isabelle Carpenter – Sheffield Hallam University
- Stuart Taylor – Keele University
Team Manager: Jon Nott
Archery GB Athlete Pathway Manager Cait Leach said: “Representing Great Britain at the 30th Summer Universiade will be an unparalleled opportunity for our talented university athletes to experience high level competition and the atmosphere of a global event while raising the profile of our sport more widely. We look forward to following the progress of the GB team in Naples and beyond.”
You can find out more about the Games here. And you can find the BUCS announcement here.