Archery GB are happy to announce The 300 virtual competition! The event will run from 4 December 2020 through until 31 January 2021.
The 300 virtual competition is designed to be shot both indoors and outdoors, to allow as much participation as possible. Much like the 360 Challenge from the Summer, there will be age and discipline categories. This virtual competition is the perfect opportunity to mix social media and competition for all levels of archers around the UK.
18 metres – 30-arrow round with a maximum score of 300
Any 40cm official target face (3 spot, vertical, trianglar or single full face).
The 4cm diameter ring 10 ring is for both Compound, Recurve, Barebow and Longbows the 2 cm diameter inner most ring is to be a 10 but scored as an X ring.
In final score you will count 10s and Xs as 10s, but you must also record the number of Xs.
You are welcome to use any of the selection of 40cm target faces:
- Single spot
- Triple spot (vertical)
- Triple spot (triangular)
You must score your round on a new, clean target face.
How does social media play its part?
In order to participate in this virtual competition, you can:
- Submit a video of your target whilst filming in a time-lapse format
- Send 10 pictures of your round, one of each end shot
- Optional extra, if you can, a video of you shooting your round as well.
Please send all to Sophie Meering either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Whatsapp (07887932317). Please record in landscape. You will need to include the following information when submitting your video/pictures:
- Your name
- The distance you shot
- The club you shot at
- The date you shot (so we can relate back to the scoring app)
- The time-lapse video/10 pictures
How do I enter?
You enter by submitting this form; Sign Up Form
Please be aware that you will need to register a minimum of 48 hours prior to gaining access to the Ianseo Scoring App score sheet. If you wish to shoot between 23-27 December, you will need to register no later than 17 December.
Along with registering, you will be using the Ianseo Score app to submit your score, followed by sending the video of your time-lapsed shooting, or photographs of each end, to Sophie Meering either via email (email@example.com) or Whatsapp (07887932317), including the information detailed above.
How do I score the round?
You will need to download the Ianseo Scoring app.
Search the Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store you will need to look for ‘Ianseo Scorekeeper’
This will then send the scores directly to us and we can collate all results. If you do only have one phone/tablet, please print off a scoring sheet and write the score down then input the scores to the Ianseo Scoring app after you have filmed and shot your round, sending proof of both the scoring sheet and video.
Please see the document below for details of how to use the app.
Where can I shoot my “The 300” round?
Your 300 round can be shot at any AGB club or a private range or shop with insurance, YOU MUST BE an Archery GB member to participate.
Round up of the Rules
- You must shoot the whole 300 round in one session.
- A video must be supplied of the target (and archer if possible) in order for the submission to be complete. OR pictures of each end and scorecard.
- The video could be used as a marketing tool on our social media and by submitting it, you are giving permission for Archery GB to use the video on social media.
- Any amount of 300 rounds can be submitted by a single person.
- Social distancing must be kept in line with government guidelines.
- Ensure that anyone that could be in the video footage is happy to be so.
- Scoring must be submitted through the Ianseo Scoring app.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the month.
- All disciplines are using the larger 10 ring, and the inner 10 is to be scored as an X
- Your 300 can be shot at any AGB club or a private range or shop with insurance
- Rules set out by the club you are shooting at must be followed at all times.
- If you only have one phone/tablet, please score on a scoresheet and then input the scores into the Ianseo Scoring app after filming.
- You must enter via the Google Form a minimum of 48 hours prior to completing the round, in order to get your scoresheet on the Ianseo Scoring app.
- All shooting must be in line with Archery GB code and conduct and Covid rules.