Winter Field League
Field archery has proved that it can be run in a format that is compatible with COVID-19 restrictions and this year, field clubs have seen increased interest from archers wanting to try the discipline.
A few field archery clubs run, or have run, a winter league. Deer Park Archers have run a very successful league in the last 2-3 years with an average of 26 archers per event. Much of the proposed format comes from the Deer Park league.
The intention of the league is to encourage growth in field archery by providing:
- An easy and fun introduction for newcomers to field
- The ability to shoot a similar round across multiple venues
- A friendly competition format for more experienced archers
- Endorsed by AGB, who will provide awards for league winners
Events will take 2-3 hours, shooting 12 targets – a mixture of target faces and 3D animals.
Clubs holding field events will be working together to ensure that the round difficulty is similar across venues, but this of course cannot be guaranteed. Clubs may also run their own league system for members and regular visitors, as well as participating in the national league.
- A round will consist of 12 targets: 6 x WA roundel targets, 6 x 3D targets
- WA roundel targets – 2x80cm, 2x60cm, 1x40cm, 1x20cm
- 3D targets maybe replaced with 2D animal targets which should be laid out and scored as is if they were 3D
- 3 arrows will be shot at all targets (36 arrows in total)
- Scoring will be appropriate to the target type being shot:
- 6/5/4/3/2/1 for WA, 11/10/8/5 for 3D (or 2D replacements)
- Events will be priced by the host clubs at around £5 per archer
- Archers should inform the club when they enter that their score should be put forward for the National League
Archery GB National League
The National League will bring together scores for archers that compete at multiple venues throughout the winter
- Archers must be a member of AGB to be registered in the National League
- Archers must complete three events, across any two of the participating venues
- The top three scores across two or more venues will determine league position (Note that this requirement is subject to change should Covid disrupt too many events)
- Archer’s equipment and shooting aids should conform to AGB field rules
- Bow styles: Compound, Compound Limited, Compound Barebow, Recurve, Barebow, Traditional, Instinctive, AFB, Longbow
- Classes: Gents & Ladies: Senior, U18, U15, U12 on correct peg for their class
- The National League table will be regularly updated and published via the AGB website
- Any club wishing to participate, please contact email@example.com for more details.
All events are held subject to current government and Archery GB guidelines. Archers in tier-3 should not attend, clubs in tier-3 should cancel events
Below are dates of the upcoming Winter League: