Scottish Archery release phase two guidance
Scotland's First Minister (FM) confirmed on Thursday 18 June that Scotland will move into Phase 2 of the “Route Map out of Lockdown” - Scottish Archery is delighted to publish their Phase 2 guidance for archery.
These documents were created in partnership with sportscotland and the Scottish Government as part of the overall collaborative effort to protect public health and combat the spread of COVID-19. Protection and maintenance of public health and our members welfare remains our top priority and we pass on our deepest thanks to everyone within the archery community connected in any way to the keyworker effort to minimise the spread of the virus.
As per the FM’s statement, key updates from government are summarised below with the main priority remaining public health and minimising the spread of the virus:
- All activity remains outdoor – no indoor facilities will be open
- Archery is still an extension to exercise
- Physical distancing remains 2 metres from anyone outwith your household or extended household
- Group sizes stay a maximum of eight but can now be formed from three households or extended households
- There is no restriction on number of targets/bosses which can be used – provided AGB rules of shooting, safety measures as prescribed are followed and physical distancing observed where appropriate
- The recommended 5-mile travel limit for physical activity remains in place
- Coaches can now deliver to no more than two households (or extended households) at any one time or provide coaching to more than two households (or extended households) per day
Scottish Archery has provided an “example” range layout here and there is comprehensive coaching guidance within the document.
The team at Scottish Archery are here to help clubs that may be in a position to open in Phase 2 for the first time or for those transitioning from Phase 1 to 2. Please visit www.scottisharchery.org.uk for further information.
The phase 2 guidance document can be downloaded by clicking here.