Job Vacancy – Content & Communications Officer
Archery GB has an exciting opportunity for a Content & Communications Officer to join our successful National Governing Body based at Lilleshall National Sports & Conferencing Centre.
Job Title: Content & Communications Officer (Fulltime)
Salary Range: £22k to £27k
Location: Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated communicator who will work collaboratively across teams and with our volunteers, to capture and articulate stories which will inspire and influence others to participate. Helping to contribute to the enjoyment, progression and sense of achievement for all archers, the Content & Communications Officer will be responsible for delivering effective and impactful communications for Archery GB across its multiple channels.
This opportunity offers the successful applicant the chance to join a forward-thinking organisation at a really exciting time. Integral to the delivery of a new and ambitious communications strategy, the post holder will contribute to the development of archery and the delivery of Archery GB’s strategic objectives:
- Grow and sustain participation with effective facilities, coaching and competition strategies – creating compelling content which communicates the work of the Sport Team and helps members understand the journey they could take through the sport
- Deliver and sustain Olympic & Paralympic targets – by celebrating the success of our athletes and finding innovative ways to inspire participation and raise the profile of the sport
- Reduce the reliance on external funding – by creating content which underpins our Commercial and Business Innovation team and utilising our communication channels to tell the story
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with the Head of Communications and colleagues to deliver the agreed communications strategy and associated campaign plans
- Maintaining a comprehensive content plan for all Archery GB channels
- Drafting communications including social media posts, articles, media releases and newsletters
- Updating and maintaining the Archery GB website with responsibility for improving user experience
- Managing Archery GB social media channels on a day-to-day basis (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), working with colleagues to collate and evaluate data insights
- Acting as guardian of our brand guidelines and corporate style
We are looking for applicants with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication with interpersonal skills capable of building rapport and trust easily
- Proven track record of copywriting and creating content for different channels
- Experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of delivering multiple projects & formulating own working practices
- Ability to set and work to challenging deadlines
- Ability to maintain diligence and thoroughness while working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must be able to drive and have own car
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Further information about Archery GB can be found on our website www.archerygb.org
For more information about the role please follow link to Job Description.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Susan.Walford@archerygb.org
Your covering letter (1 page only) should address the following:
How your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to excel in the role.
We invite all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities monitoring process to enable us to ensure the effectiveness of our approach to equality. Please use the link to access our monitoring form and return a copy with your application. This will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Postal applications should be sent to Susan Walford, Archery GB, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 9AT
Closing date for applications: Sunday 13 January 2019
Interview date: Thursday 24 January 2019
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer