Job Vacancy – Communities and Engagement Manager
As a key role within the Sport Team the Communities and Engagement Manger will lead the provision of opportunities for our ‘core audience’ of young people and existing adult participants, and will explore and develop partnerships and ‘new’ and niche audiences, contributing to our Archery GB Strategic Outcomes
Job Title: Communities and Engagement Manager (0.8-1.0 FTE)
Salary Range: £30 – 35,000 plus option of company car
Location: Lilleshall National Sports Centre (minimum 2 days/week) and Home based
AGB has recently undergone a restructure that has created a new Sport Team, connecting Participation, Pathway and Performance, under the leadership of the Director of Sport. Focusing on our key areas of clubs, coaching and competition, our specialist staff work together and collaboratively with our volunteers to ensure enjoyment, progression and a sense of achievement for all archers.
Building on very strong foundations, the Communities and Engagement Manager will engage the expertise, insights and contacts of all the volunteers who have helped build the sport into what it is today, to deliver an even more exciting future.
As a senior manager within the Sport Team, the Communities and Engagement Manager will lead the provision of opportunities for our ‘core audience’ of young people and existing adult participants, and will explore and develop partnerships and ‘new’ and niche audiences, contributing to our Archery GB Strategic Outcomes
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Building and growing our understanding of the core archery community.
- Through the engagement and empowerment of others, leading the development and implementation of programmes and interventions that deliver a quality experience and particularly facilitate the retention of members in the 55+ age group
- Identifying priority niche audiences to target, with development and delivery of relevant interventions
- Developing and maintaining key strategic relationships to put appropriate schemes and programmes into action.
- Capturing and articulating the stories which will inspire and influence participation and contribution to our work
- Supporting and influencing colleagues in the Sport Team management and providing line management to the Pathway team.
We are looking for applicants with:
- A good knowledge and understanding of the sports and voluntary sectors
- A good understanding of sports development and pathways to excellence.
- A good understanding of effective insights, analysing data and communications
- Experience of the strategic development of programmes and partnerships
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Respect for others and openness to a range of ideas and actions, with the ability to work and collaborate across teams to ensure connectivity and challenge
- The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, remain positive and focused and be a champion for change
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Job description and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form are available for download below.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Susan.Walford@archerygb.org
Your covering letter (1 page only) should address the following: How your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to excel in the role and what ‘value-added’ you see the work offering to the members of Archery.
We invite all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities monitoring process to enable us to ensure the effectiveness of our approach to equality. Please use the link to access our monitoring form and return a copy with your application. This will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Postal applications should be sent to Susan Walford, Archery GB, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 9AT
Closing date for applications: Monday 14 May
Interview date: Friday 25 May
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer