Job Vacancy – Insight Officer
Archery GB has been going through a period of exciting change which now has led to the restructure of operations and the creation of a Business Development & Innovation Team with a vacancy for a new role of Insight Officer.
Job Title: Insight Officer
Salary Range: £22,000 – £26,000
Location: Lilleshall National Sports Centre
The Business Development & Innovation Team will focus on enhancing existing and developing new commercial partnerships & opportunities and will support the whole of the governing body in the area of insight, particularly targeted around our members motivations, needs and behaviours and the impact our interventions are having within the sport of Archery.
The Insight Officer will lead the identification, collation, analysis and communication of data insights across the business in order to inform, influence and guide our critical programmes towards achieving our strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Reviewing and improving the collection, analysis and presentation of data from a range of sources in order to provide recommendations for strategic decision making.
- Developing and shaping insight strategies to inform and influence AGB activity
- Creating and utilising research tools and inputs to capture information e.g. survey questionnaires, focus groups, in depth interviews.
- Working with teams across the organisation to ensure adherence to data compliance and providing advice and training to colleagues and stakeholders as required.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders and agencies, using them to provide insight and support related activities in line with the long-term objectives.
- Managing and monitoring budget income and expenditure related to data, insight and evaluation programmes of work.
We are looking for applicants with:
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a research professional
- Strong IT skills and proven experience of using a range of research/insight tools
- Experience of working with external research agencies
- Experience of collaborating across teams to explore and identify solutions
- Capability to take responsibility throughout the research cycle
- Proven ability in managing projects from end to end
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Respect for others and openness to a range of ideas and actions
- The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, remain positive and focused and be a champion for change
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Job description and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form are available for download below.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Susan.Walford@archerygb.org
Your covering letter (1 page only) should address the following: How your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to shape and develop the role of Insight Officer at Archery GB.
We invite all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities monitoring process to enable us to ensure the effectiveness of our approach to equality. Please use the link to access our monitoring form and return a copy with your application. This will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Postal applications should be sent to Susan Walford, Archery GB, Lilleshall National Sports Centre, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 9AT
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2018
Interview date: 15 November
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer