Have fun – and help fund future sports stars!
Do you want to help Britain’s next generation of sports stars…and have fun? Then get ready because the one-month countdown to SportsAid Week 2018 starts today!
The scheme – which runs from 24-30 September – helps more than 1,000 young athletes across 60 sports with training and competition costs during the critical early stages of their careers. Last year the campaign raised more than £50,000. This year Olympians, Paralympians, national governing bodies including Archery GB, schools, universities and businesses are rallying together for another week of fun and fundraising.
How you get involved is entirely up to you. It could be anything from a sponsored shoot to a bake sale, quiz, fancy dress day, raffle or healthy eating challenge. All you have to do is sign up for a fundraising pack. But whatever you do will make a difference.
- £5 will help one of Britain’s best young athletes get to their next training session
- £10 will help a disabled footballer buy new shin pads
- £25 will help a young gymnast pay for a pair of wrist supports
- £50 will help a young kayaker replace a damaged helmet
- £100 will help a young athlete visit a physio for rehabilitation from an injury
- £500 will help a young boxer travel to their next major international competition
- £1,000 will provide a full year’s worth of support for a SportsAid athlete
The #MyMiles Challenge is also returning as SportsAid Week joins up with the European Week of Sport to encourage young people to #BeActive. And there is plenty for schools to do. Tuesday 25 September has been named #MyMiles Schools Day when pupils are being asked to get involved, complete a minimum of one mile and make a small donation.
You can find out everything you need to know and download resources here.
And if you are planning to get involved, let us know at email@example.com and we will try to feature you in the winter edition of Archery UK.