Become an Archery GB Competition Volunteer
Volunteering at club level or at an Archery GB event, can be very rewarding especially in a sport that you love. Often people want to give something back to the sport they have enjoyed over the years so volunteering is an ideal opportunity.
Each year we run and support many record status competitions. Volunteers have always played a vital part in helping us organise these events successfully, and without them our sport simply wouldn’t happen.
Whilst it may be hard work, it gives you the opportunity to make new friends, to develop new skills and the chance to support the successful running of elite level competitions.
There are various roles that you can do as a national event volunteer. These include:
Field of play volunteers are responsible for:
- Delivery of the field of play, Target’s, Equipment
- Support with the running of the competition
- Car parking duties at the beginning of each day of competition
As Administration Support, you would:
- Support the tournament organiser
- Help with enquiries
- Register archers
- Assist the Results Team if required
Being a Results Team volunteer, would see you:
- Create Ianseo files/adjust premade file
- Create back numbers
- Configure and distribute scoring tablets
- Support with technical problems
- Support the delivery of Results and PDA’s
- Make up score boards/distribute/collect throughout the shoot
A Tournament Organiser’s overall task is to organise the event. Duties will include:
- Working with Serco/Lilleshall
- Communicating with Archery GB including the Competition & Events Manager and IT colleagues
- Running the shoot
Support & Training
Archery GB will support and help volunteers as much as possible to do what they do best. We offer the following support:
- Breakfast, Lunch and dinner OR an allowance
- Travel expenses
* You may have to share accommodation.
All volunteers will be given training and may shadow other volunteers.
If you are interested in becoming a national volunteer then contact the Volunteer coordinator –email@example.com – stating which roles you are interested in. All roles are subject to change and roles will be given out as close to your preferences as we can.
If you are interested in volunteering at a local level speak to your Club about opportunities in your County.