Arrows Young Leader Award
The Arrows Young Leader Award prepares young people to become the driving force behind setting up and running their own Arrows Archery club.
The course offers great value and can easily form part of a sports leadership programme.
• The course is designed for young people (approximately 14 – 19 years)
• The course duration is approximately 3.5 hours
• The suggested course size is 1 deliverer to 12 participants
• After the course, participants are ready to run Arrows archery clubs for primary school pupils (aged 7 – 11) and volunteer in the School Games.
By the end of the course, young leaders will be able to:
- Plan and deliver a safe Arrows archery session using the Arrows equipment and resources
- Understand how to set up and run an Arrows Archery sports club or festival
- Set out a Rapid Range, explain the safety rules, deliver a fun warm-up, guide archers in shooting, and play games (under the supervision of an adult)
It’s easy to set up a course:
- To get started, you first need access to an ‘Arrows Pack” equipment pack. If you do not have access to this, it can be purchased separately at archerygb.org/arrows
- A small hall or outdoor space (weather permitting) is required to deliver the course
- Next, you need to find someone to deliver the course. It can be delivered by teachers, coaches or anyone with good ‘Arrows Archery’ knowledge. Deliverers should familiarise themselves with the course programme using the tutor resources. If you don’t have a deliverer, please contact us and we will be able to suggest someone (please be aware that an external deliverer may charge)
- Lastly, order the tutor and learners resources from Clickers Archery and you will be ready for the course to begin!
Ordering the Resources
Once you have organised the course you will need the tutor and learner resources to deliver the course. There are also free optional online videos for deliverers and leaders to use on the course.
Each leader needs a Learner Guide. These cost £7.50 each (plus P&P) and each one comes with a certificate of attendance
Buy Learner Guides & Certificates here
- The deliverer needs a Tutor Guide. This costs £10.00 each (plus P&P)
Buy a Tutor Guide here
To access the videos:
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com