Archery GB job vacancy – Independent Chair, Performance Advisory Group
Archery GB is the National Governing Body for archery, based within the beautiful rural setting of Lilleshall National Sports Centre. We are inviting applications for the position of Independent Chair of our Performance Advisory Group.
Job title: Independent Chair – Performance Advisory Group
Salary range: Voluntary – reasonable expenses covered
Contract period: 3-year term
Location: Home based
This position will work closely with Archery GB to coordinate this group which will advise on the development and delivery of Performance Archery.
The main responsibilities of the group are to:
- Provide strategic oversight of the Performance Archery programme
- Ensure alignment within Performance Archery (Olympic/Paralympic/Pathway) and with AGB vision, strategy and ambitions
- Broaden the perspective of the Performance team through sharing of ideas, identification of best practice and development of external connections
- Track progress of athletes against medal zones and individual performance plans
- Review and reflect on policies and practices to ensure alignment with programme vision
In addition, the Chair’s duties will include chairing group meetings, setting agendas and calling meetings in conjunction with the AGB Performance Director, and reporting the Group’s activity to the board.
Applicants should have a good understanding of performance sport with experience of leading within an elite/WCP performance environment. They will bring knowledge of modern performance coaching and experience of working with interdisciplinary performance support teams.
The successful applicant will have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and will demonstrate professionalism and integrity in all their interactions.
How to apply
Further details of the role and requirements can be found by clicking here and can also be downloaded from the Documents section below.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Your covering letter (1 page only) should address how your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to excel in the role.
For an informal discussion please contact: Neil Armitage, Chief Executive via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 4 February 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 14 February 2022
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer. We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.