Archery GB Job Vacancy: Head of Communications and Marketing
An exciting time to join us as we Repair and Rebuild our sport, membership and organisation as a result of the pandemic impact whilst Reimagining and Diversifying the people, places and formats where archery can be pursued and enjoyed.
Job Title: Head of Communications and Marketing
(Fulltime 35 hours – Flexibly spread across Monday to Sunday to accommodate the requirement to cover evening and weekend events when required).
Salary Range: £38,000 – £42,000 dependent on experience
Location: Flexible with regular presence at Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre, Newport, Shropshire
We need an inspiring communicator who brings people together, builds excitement about our sport and those who engage with it and creates a sense of community and connection across Archery GB.
As part of the senior leadership team you will determine and drive the communications and marketing strategy to contribute to our vision of Enriching Lives through Archery and our strategic objectives:
- Modernise membership, diversify and recruit new members– creating compelling content which communicates the work of Archery GB, helps members understand the journey they could take through the sport and widens the appeal of archery to a more diverse audience
- Deliver and sustain Olympic and Paralympic Pathways and Podium successes– celebrating the success of our athletes and finding innovative ways to inspire participation and raise the profile of the sport
- Build an empowered and collaborative workforce – using research and insight to develop communication channels and impactful messaging that connects with our archery communities
Leading a small team, you will build a culture of collaboration and long-term planning, ensuring regular engagement with all Archery GB audiences to grow interest, participation and satisfaction.
You will seek to maximise brand exposure, ensuring strong activation of community-based partnerships and increasing awareness of the sport both locally and nationally.
The quality of the relationships you build within and outside our organisation will enable you to find and share the best stories, make valuable connections and bring innovative approaches to our communications.
This opportunity offers the successful applicant the chance to join a forward-thinking organisation at a really exciting time.
We are looking for applicants with:
- At least three years’ experience in a senior communications/marketing role who show passion for what they do
- Excellent communication skills which inspire others to engage with them
- Expert-level understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading and a real skill for tailoring the message to the audience
- Positive leadership impact which extends beyond own team to the wider organisation
- Strong organisational skills which ensure delivery in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Applicants must be able to drive, have own car and have the ability to work flexible hours as the role requires significant out of hours working, including evenings and weekends to cover key events.
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Further details of the role and requirements can be found by clicking on the link below:
Head of Communications and Marketing
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Your covering letter (one page only) should address the following:
How your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to excel in the role.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20 July 12 noon
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer.