Archery GB Job Vacancy – Communications Editor
With the Olympic and Paralympic Games just around the corner and our passion to connect with every member at grassroots level, now is the time to join the Communications team at Archery GB.
Job Title: Communications Editor
(Fulltime 35 hours – Flexibly spread across Monday to Sunday to accommodate the requirement to cover evening and weekend events when required).
Salary Range: £25,000 to £32,000 dependent on experience
Location: Flexible with a minimum of one day per week in the office at Lilleshall National
Sports and Conferencing Centre, Newport, Shropshire
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated communicator who will work collaboratively across teams and with our volunteers, to capture and articulate stories which will inspire and influence others to participate in archery.
You will work with the Head of Communications to deliver effective and impactful communications, with editorial responsibility for our member magazine in both print, accessible and digital formats. You will be required to strategically plan, research and edit an inspirational magazine that meets the needs of our audiences.
In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation of informative and inspiring content on our website and our member ezines, working closely with our Content and Communications Officer to ensure, where relevant, content also works for our social media channels.
This opportunity offers the successful applicant the chance to join a forward-thinking organisation at a really exciting time. Integral to the delivery of a new and ambitious communications strategy, the post holder will contribute to the development of archery and the delivery of Archery GB’s strategic objectives:
- Grow and sustain participation with effective facilities, coaching and competition strategies – creating compelling content which communicates the work of the Sport Team and helps members understand the journey they could take through the sport
- Deliver and sustain Olympic & Paralympic targets – by celebrating the success of our athletes and finding innovative ways to inspire participation and raise the profile of the sport
- Reduce the reliance on external funding – by creating content which underpins our Commercial and Business Innovation team and utilising our communication channels to tell the story
We are looking for applicants with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of building rapport and trust easily
- An expert-level understanding of editorial duties, including copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading
- Experience of copywriting and creating content for different channels
- Experience of promoting online content through SEO and social media
- Experience of creating inspiring content to promote participation and create supporter engagement
- At least two years working in a relevant editing (print and digital) role
- Ability to set and work to challenging deadlines
- Ability to maintain diligence and thoroughness while working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Applicants must be able to drive, have own car and have the ability to work flexible hours as the role requires significant out of hours working, including evenings and weekends to cover key events.
Above all, we want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of our sport and bring new ideas and insight. If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role then we would like to hear from you.
Further details of the role and requirements can be found by clicking on the link below:
Communications Editor Job Description
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Your covering letter (one page only) should address the following:
How your experience, skills and knowledge equip you to excel in the role.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1 September, 2019
Interview date: 18 September.
We may consider tender submissions from contractors to deliver key elements of the role.
Archery GB is an equal opportunities employer.