Elected Director Vacancy
Exciting Opportunity to Join the Board of Archery GB.
The Board of Archery GB is now a strategic skills-based Board. In accordance with the Board’s long-term and transitional planning, the size of the Board will be 10 in 2018 and we will be seeking to elect one Director at the AGM in 2018.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled member to assist the organisation and to complement the skills of the existing Directors. If elected you will play a valuable role in shaping the future of the Sport and we encourage you to consider applying. We are particularly interested to receive applications from females and archers from less well represented groups including from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
The appointment process is stated in the Memorandum & Articles (M&As), clauses 40-52.
A role description is available to download below where you can also find additional paperwork.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and letter of application which should indicate how you feel you will most be able to add value to the Board of Archery GB by email (including your full name, membership number and length of membership) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you are required to have been a member for at least two years at the time of application to be eligible to apply. Requests for informal/confidential discussions can also be sent to this email address.
- Your application must be supported by three Electors (as defined in clause 7 of the M&As), each of whom should send an email of support to email@example.com, including: your name; their full name & membership number; and why they are an Elector.
- You are also required to complete:
- Sections 3 and 4a of the Company House Information Form and return that with your application
- You should complete an Equality Monitoring Form, and return separately as described in the form
- You should also complete a Director Declaration of Good Character
||Advert and Role description available at web site
|Last day of November 2017
||Closing date for applications
|Before Christmas 2017
||Applicants informed if they will be called to interview
||Interviews by mutual arrangement
|January 2018 Board Meeting
||Recommendations are made
|Between Board and AGM
||Membership votes on candidates
Archery GB is the trading name of the Grand National Archery Society, a company limited by guarantee no. 1342150 Registered in England.