Welcome to the new Judges area of the Archery GB website. This is an evolving area and will change and develop as we need it to.
Hopefully the layout is fairly straight forward. The J-forms are under J-Forms, the Rule book links are under Rules. You will find the information about training and re-accreditation under the tab of the same name.
We will be adding to the basics that are here, an example being the interpretations page where you will find interpretations on rules that have been discussed. Here we will also post the proposed rule changes so you will have your chance to comment on them.
You will find a miscellaneous section - for the moment, this is where you will find the 2014 National Appointments and the Uniform information.
If you get stuck, or want something that isn't here, let the committee know and we will look to get it updated as soon as we can. This is our area, to make life easier for all of us.
This will form the main channel of communication between your committee and you, the AGB Judges so please, check here regularly for updated information.
As we approach the better weather, and start to put the waterproofs away, mmm, maybe don't do that just yet, I would like to wish you all a productive judging summer, and I hope to see you all on the field somewhere.
• Want to be an archery judge? (Promotion video above)
• Introduction to Judging Guidebook
• How to Become a Judge handy guide
Hannah Brown (Chairperson of National Judging Committee)
Recruitment of new officials:
Next Candidate Judge Seminar: 8 & 9 October 2016 at Lilleshall National Sports Centre
If you would like to learn how to officiate and are available to attend tournaments, why not train to become a Candidate Judge?
Training is provided by experienced officials who are keen to welcome you into judging. The training is broken down into sections:
• Gain experience - put your skills into practice straight away! Assist at tournaments and be supported by a local mentor
• Attend a Candidate Judge Seminar - you will learn the basic skills for officiating during a friendly and interactive weekend workshop
• When you are ready, take the assessment to formally qualify as a County Judge
Book your place
To book your place on the Candidate Judge Seminar:
• Please contact the Judge Liaison Officer (JLO) for your region - they will need to be aware of and endorse your application. Your region may also be able to support the cost of the training
• Next, complete and return the below application form
• Book early as places are limited. The closing date is 23 September
• If you are aged 16 -23 years old you are eligible to receive a bursary of £200 to support the costs associated with travelling to tournaments
The cost to attend the Candidate Judge Seminar is just £40. Attendees will need to book accommodation separately (if required).
Recruitment of judge trainers
Are you an experienced judge who wants to train the future? Are you an archer or a parent who has experience in teaching others?
We are recruiting a team of judge trainers to welcome and train new officials. If this is something you'd like to be part of, please contact Hannah Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org
) to register your interest.