As part of the Great Archery Clubs campaign, we are hosting a series of workshops across the country to explore what makes a great club.
Open to anyone involved in managing a club, the workshops (in association with Sport England's Club Matters) will help clubs explore new ideas and collaborate with others on issues that are important to you.
Dates and location of workshops are:
• Saturday 29 October, Hilton Manchester Airport
• Saturday 12 November, Hilton Cobham (Surrey)
• Sunday 13 November, Hilton Bristol
For further details and how to book, download the Booking Form.
Complete the survey
• Tell us in more detail the role that coaching has towards shaping your experiences in archery. It doesn't matter if you have a lot or little experience of receiving coaching. We will use the results of the survey to better tailor our support to archers, coaches, and clubs.
• There is also a prize-draw with three £100 vouchers available to spend at Clickers Archery.
What is Great Archery Clubs?
We are celebrating how being part of a club benefits our lives in more ways than we imagine!
Great Archery Clubs is a new campaign to showcase and share the best of what is happening in archery clubs across the UK.
The aim is to discuss how every archer can have a great experience at their club. To make it work though, we need you to be involved!
To kick off the campaign, every ontarget club will receive a support pack in the post in June - this will bring their committee and members right up to date with all of Archery GB's headline programmes designed especially for clubs.
Share your club experience
• How does your club make your archery experience special?
• Join the conversation by sharing your comments, club photos, and videos on social media.
From making you feel welcome, to developing new friendships, to overcoming illness or obstacles - we want to share and celebrate the role of clubs.
Watch our videos, and create your own
We will soon by releasing videos from award winning archery clubs. Watch them here
and consider how your club can change for the better, regardless of how big or small your ambition is.
Give your archery club the attention it deserves using #greatclubs and #clubexperience in social media.
The Club Experience
Sport England's Clubmatters has a new section exploring what it is like to be a member at your club and what could help make that experience even better.
There are four sections for lots of ideas on what positive changes you can make happen in your club.
1. Understanding Your Members
2. Understanding Your Offer
3. Delivering a Great Experience
4. Being Consistently Brilliant
For more information visit the Sport England Clubmatters website.
For more information on the Great Archery Clubs campaign, please contact the Development Team, email: email@example.com
or telephone: 01952 602795.
Great Archery Clubs is a campaign associated with ontarget - Archery GB's club development programme.