Archery GB's school holiday archery programme, Archery Summer Stars, provides fun archery sessions for young people using traditional equipment or Arrows (our modified equipment).
• A minimum of three half-days and a maximum of five half-days
• It can be mixed with other activities to make a full day/weeks programme
• Archery Summer Stars provides a taster of how exciting archery can be with games and fun, or it can be run as a beginner's course with a competition
• It is ideal for young people aged between 8 and 14 years old - but each course can be tailored towards the needs of the participants
• You can use Arrows or traditional equipment, again tailoring the equipment to the participants
• Local Authorities, Leisure Centres and CSPs who run summer holiday schemes - they can either train up their own staff or engage local club coaches (where available)
• Clubs - in addition to other activities or as stand alone sessions
• Clubs & Activity Providers together
• The programme must be led by Archery GB Leaders, Instructors or Level 1 Coaches
• Raise the profile of archery in the local community
• Introduce young people to archery in a fun and exciting format
• Enable coaches to deliver a fun and engaging introduction to archery
• As club coaches, you can work with Local Authorities to develop additional archery instructors/coaches for the local community
Organising Archery Summer Stars is quite simple.
The cost of registering for Archery Summer Stars is £75 (+VAT). As Course Organiser, you will have access to goodie bags for participants, along with certificates of completion and editable posters to help you promote your course(s). You will also receive an Organiser Manual and Coach Manual which will detail everything you need to know to get going.
To find out more, complete the expression of interest form here and we will send you further details.
Contact Hannah Lucas by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01952 602795.