The centres are open to recurve and compound able-bodied and para archers. They cover Warwickshire and Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Lancashire (starting soon) and there is also a base at Lilleshall (recurve only).
The centres, which are supported by Sport England Talent Investment, will also act as a focal point of best practice in talent development to support further evolution of talent activities at grass roots, including schools, clubs and universities
Sessions are run by a mix of Lead Academy coaches and Talent coaches, all accredited by Archery GB and constantly assessed by Head of Athlete and Coach Development Lloyd Brown. Local coaches are also welcome and are asked to contact the lead coach at their local centre to let them know they will be attending.
So what can you expect?
- A minimum of 12 hours coach contact time per month.
- Centres will aim to provide support and links to clubs, schools, university and county.
- At least one World Record status 720 and head-to-head competition per season (to include 50, 60, 70 metres).
- Expert knowledge of archery techniques
- Strength and conditioning programme designed to enhance technique
- Signposts to all Archery GB programmes and opportunities within its pathway
To find out more about what is involved, including course costs, please contact:
Staffordshire: Julia Brooks email@example.com 07884 498200
Leicestershire: Tony Gray firstname.lastname@example.org 07860 400166
Warwickshire & Worcestershire: Philippa Lowe email@example.com 07805 989417
Hertfordshire: Gaynor Hutchison firstname.lastname@example.org 01767 699991
Lilleshall: Katy Cumming email@example.com 01952 607961
If there are currently no archery training centres in your area then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities and requirements or for further information.
Archery GB is sponsored by Foresters Friendly Society www.forestersfriendlysociety.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: @archerygb