Boost your skills
Grants available for Boost Archery
Archery GB are pleased to announce the launch of the latest round of our funding scheme to help clubs to deliver Boost Archery - a new course for improvers to receive dedicated coaching and support at their club. Grants of £350 are available to successful applicants.
We all want to improve, and that's particularly true of archers still getting used to the sport and the club environment.
We have been working with ontarget clubs to produce a new resource to help archers access tailored coaching in their clubs, called Boost Archery.
The aim is to help archers progress and stay active in archery. Boost Archery involves clubs delivering a series of coaching sessions for improvers, from new members to an archer who simply wants some more help to progress.
Conditions of grant
• Clubs must be affiliated to Archery GB and be members of ontarget
is Archery GB's club development programme and is simple and free to join. Just complete this online application form
• Applications must be received before the Boost Archery course starts and be delivered within 12 months of the funding being awarded.
• Applicants are required to return a short feedback form about their experience delivering Boost Archery, so that we can evaluate the project and develop case studies to support other clubs.
• Clubs that have previously received funding from Archery GB are still eligible to apply.
We will prioritise applications that provide a clear case to justify the funding and will provide the most benefit to archers.
Examples of items we can
• Non-personal equipment purchase or hire (i.e. equipment that is not used just by one person), arranging a coach, training coaches or volunteers, venue hire, volunteer activities.
• Other reasonable costs incurred that will enable you to deliver Boost Archery.
Grants will not
be awarded for:
• Projects that have already started, existing running costs, fundraising activities, or individual's equipment.
Clubs are expected to fulfil any remaining costs of the project, for example through partnership funding or asking participants to contribute.
To apply please complete the application form here
and email it to email@example.com
The closing date is Wednesday 30 November 2016.
Boost Archery Resources
Boost Archery Guidebook
Promote your Boost Archery course using this template: Boost Archery promotional poster for clubs
Funding to help clubs
Apply for a small grant from your sports council. Funding is often available from the national sports councils to help clubs recruit and retain people in sport. Visit:
• Sport England www.sportengland.org
• Sport NI www.sportni.net
• Sport Wales http://sportwales.org.uk
• Sport Scotland http://www.sportscotland.org.uk/